Sunday, February 14, 2010

Firewood







When I was a kid having a fire in the fireplace was a pretty big deal. When we bought our home in Lewistown I was pretty well pleased that we had an efficient fireplace upstairs and a wood fired furnace downstairs. I've been experimenting over the past couple of winters with exclusively using the fire to heat my home. Its a lot of work but work that I find rewarding. There is something intrinsically pleasing with a fire cracking in the fireplace for me.



This fall I bought a semi lumber truck load of wood with a couple of other friends. On Saturday we met up to cut and split some wood. It started snowing but the Stanley Thermos was full of hot coffee and a morning of labor always pleases my week long fluorescent light weariness



No comments:

Post a Comment